Harpy Stormcrafter is imba

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Ultimaetus

Ultimaetus

Bloodstone

• 89 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Try grabbing Enchantress or chen and send a harpy storm caller mid to help zone out the enemy.

- It doesn't cost your mid any xp or mana, it may push the lane unintentionally due to chain lightning

- The harpy has 1800/1800 day/night vision, so it acts as a perma lane ward

- Can spit 900 range chain lightning at you dealing 105(140) dmg every cast on a 4 second cooldown

moonshadow

moonshadow

potassium

• 984 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yeah this creep can pretty much win a lane by itself. It is extremely annoying as a mid player to have an enemy chen/enchantress send one of these at you, it can completely zone you out.
DOT DOT DOT...

Trimmbor

Trimmbor

Linken's Sphere

• 435 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

I still want to see Arcane + Chain Lightning Doom in a pub! :( :lol:
=========================
Steam Dotabuff Decrepify
=========================

LevynX

LevynX

Aegis of the Mortal

• 3069 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

I still want to see Arcane + Chain Lightning Doom in a pub! :( :lol:

Not a high enough mana pool to support spamming early on, when you do have enough the damage is negligible.

Not OP yet, but close. Much like the Tornado, might get a nerf in the next patch.

Stuntist

Stuntist

Vanguard

• 27 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

Some lame/stupid ways of getting around this:

1. Doom or Enigma: They can instantly kill the fatty and aren't terrible mid picks
2. Enchantress: (Hopefully they picked Chen, because if they picked Enchant then this isn't going to work out vice-versa) That pig-riding fool sends that hag only to get it stolen my Enchant and used for the same nefarious purpose. Suck it, Chen!
3. Crystal Maiden: Her frostbite can wreck that waste of Dev-time at level one. Just make sure to stay away from it as it can still cast. Also, good mid.
4. Lich?: If you can survive long enough to get level 2, nuke that flying slob. it'll take a while, but since lich gives himself mana it'll all work out peachy-keen(ish). Also, he's a good mid. <--- I'm straining for ideas here
5. Lion: Drain that sucker's mana until Chen/Enchant firmly plant their faces in their palm for wasting a perfectly good creep.
6. Uuuuuuh... screw it, Clock!: Clock don't even need to be in that lane to farm with rocket. Clock too big for that fool's weak-sauce lightning. If that fool steps out of line, then Clock gonna slap it down with the Battery Assault. #ClockBlocked

That's all I care to put into this madness, but maybe Valvo will do something about it in the future.

Clearsky

Clearsky

Sultan Of Pubs

• 2575 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

dat 1 month bump

moonshadow

moonshadow

potassium

• 984 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

dat 1 month bump

why would you bump this?
DOT DOT DOT...

LevynX

LevynX

Aegis of the Mortal

• 3069 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

1. Doom or Enigma: They can instantly kill the fatty and aren't terrible mid picks
2. Enchantress: (Hopefully they picked Chen, because if they picked Enchant then this isn't going to work out vice-versa) That pig-riding fool sends that hag only to get it stolen my Enchant and used for the same nefarious purpose. Suck it, Chen!
3. Crystal Maiden: Her frostbite can wreck that waste of Dev-time at level one. Just make sure to stay away from it as it can still cast. Also, good mid.
4. Lich?: If you can survive long enough to get level 2, nuke that flying slob. it'll take a while, but since lich gives himself mana it'll all work out peachy-keen(ish). Also, he's a good mid. <--- I'm straining for ideas here
5. Lion: Drain that sucker's mana until Chen/Enchant firmly plant their faces in their palm for wasting a perfectly good creep.
6. Uuuuuuh... screw it, Clock!: Clock don't even need to be in that lane to farm with rocket. Clock too big for that fool's weak-sauce lightning. If that fool steps out of line, then Clock gonna slap it down with the Battery Assault. #ClockBlocked

That's all I care to put into this madness, but maybe Valvo will do something about it in the future.

1. Doom and Enigma aren't popular mid heroes. Enigma isn't survivable enough and prone to getting ganked. Doom gets zoned out even without the Harpy
2. I think Chen can steal Enchant creeps as well.
3. Getting a Crystal Maiden to waste Frostbite on a Harpy is already a win.
4. Lich is also not a survivable mid. With the current mid ganking meta Lich wouldn't last. Also, casting Nova on the Harpy will drain Lich fast since level one Ritual is not enough.
5. Cool idea.
6. Clock can last but you'll still be out of exp range since Chain Lightning has a crazy range.

Unconnect

Unconnect

Heart of Tarrasque

• 539 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

When you have Enigma it should go i forest or safe lane.

Posted Image

ШELCФME TФ MФTHEЯ ЯUSSIA, MУ FЯIEИD!

Shadecraze

Shadecraze

Linken's Sphere

• 520 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Safe lane?
If you have no one to deal with the harpy, Enigma can go mid very easily, Enigma is already a hard mid to beat by some heroes so their jungler would waste their time too, also even if Enigma goes jungle doesn't mean he can't convert the Harpy from lane and go back to jungle.

tumblr_mszfg81qAu1rkhttmo1_500.gif

Steam ~ Dotabuff[1] ~ Dotabuff[2]

1918[1037  ~ 881] Games

Ranked Solo MMR: 4019

Ranked Party MMR: 3968

LevynX

LevynX

Aegis of the Mortal

• 3069 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

I'd love to see a safe lane #1 role Enigma hit for 200 every .5 sec

Most Serene Doge

Most Serene Doge

Bloodstone

• 111 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

How often do you mid players have one of these sent at you?
How annoying is it? Is it more annoying than a Tornado?
How about the Chenchantress players? Is it a key point to winning a game as them?
The topic caught my attention, but I'm not one of those players. In theory, a vital part of playing Chenchantress would be the global presence granted by Persuasion or Enchant. So an annoyance is a part of the hero. Also in theory, the Harpy is much more frail than the Wildwing, and it gives vision of itself when it casts or attacks. Maybe reduce the vision at night and be done with it?

Most Serene Doge (Tidehunter) has just purchased Arcane Boots!

[*gushing intensifies*]

X.leR

X.leR

Bloodstone

• 125 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

that harpy wins the lane by its own, srsly.
chen woods and sf at midlane, means freefarming sf untill supports move to middle lane to gank that sf = other lanes gonna be pressured

really, there is nothing for midlane that is worse than a harpy

LevynX

LevynX

Aegis of the Mortal

• 3069 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

that harpy wins the lane by its own, srsly.
chen woods and sf at midlane, means freefarming sf untill supports move to middle lane to gank that sf = other lanes gonna be pressured

really, there is nothing for midlane that is worse than a harpy

An aggressive support, a tornado.

Besides, having SF mid means he's going to be ganked from the start of the game, that's why you don't see SF mid often in pro games.

Active Users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users