Any suggestions about Lone Druid

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Majcon

Majcon

Stout Shield

• 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I am new to lone druid and i like him very mach. But I have some serious questions.

1) Most of the guides say that Lone is very good for solo top/bot, but in pubs (especially in the medium lvled) noone cares about who you are picking, so they usually don't pick a jungler. And mine question is, after solo, witch is the best lane for him? Can he play in mid or dual? (I regularly play him as jungler).
2) All the guides have rad on bear as a core item. In jungle if i am unganked i usually make rad in 17-18 mins, but i don't know how to play lone after i get my rad. (is there a special position for my bear that i should take or what, in order to maximize it's effect? And why it is soooo important in his bear?)
3) Do you know any players that play lone frequently?

any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

Tudge

Tudge

Black King Bar

• 308 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

If you arent playing lone druid in a solo lane, playing him with a support which pulls neutrals and baby sits is always nice. Having a lone druid mid is very situational and usually isnt done, but its not impossible.

Radiance on bear is usually almost on every Lone Druid's Bear because of the split push potential and the burn/chase effect.

^^ The Spirit Bear has very high movement speed, and is excellent at chasing. However there is a certain radius in which if the Lone Druid is not in the premisses, it cannot attack.

^^ This is where radiance comes in and, it the hero is low enough, slowly ticks them to death.
^^ Radiance is also a great item to cancel blink daggers and removing refraction charges Templar Assasin.

AdmiralBullDog from NoTideHunter is known to be the best Lone Druid player, and that is basically the only hero he plays (unless it gets banned out)

Nugo

Nugo

Vanguard

• 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

1) I think that Syllabear (Lone Druid) is not really an effective jungler compared to many others because his clear time is really really slow. While he does scale incredible into the late game, you really don't have much of an impact for the first 20 minutes of the game. In the current meta, he is normally ran as an off-lane hero, however I would assume that most of the teams you play with do not actually run aggressive tri-lanes or a jungler.

2) There are two things that you can generally do with your radiance.

1. You can use your radiance to chase down low target champions due to his high movement speed. This is especially useful when chasing down supports, however its worth noting that in a team fight if people stack on each other the burn actually can end up dong quite a lot of damage over the course of a team fight.

2.Like the poster above me also said, you cannot attack with the bear unless Lone Druid is within range. However if you have a radiance you are able to send your bear all over the map and push lanes all day due to the burn effect. The 40 damage actually allows you to push really really hard. It also is basically a free push because you can easily teleport the bear back to you if a team fight ever breaks out.

3. Watch Admiral Bulldog from No Tide Hunter stream. He plays the hero quite a lot. Also for just about any major tournament game if its not ban he will play the hero. Purge also does commentaries for just about every Doa 2 hero. I linked the most recent gameplay of Syllabear from him.

Majcon

Majcon

Stout Shield

• 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the replies! They were really helpful. Some other questions i have:

I) What about boot choice? Dotacinema guide and many others suggest phase boots. However in lvl 4 rabit/synergy the bear even with boots 55MS (PT, Phase) has 521MS (semi-Perma/Hasted) so the active skill of phase become more or less useless. Actually every boot has its disadvantages on bear (PT->no stats // Arcane -> no mana // Tranquill -> no mana) Witch boot is better? (I usually get PT for the 30 AS)

II) When i am jungling do i have to compete in ganks? I usually farm rad so fast, that my teamates, say "noob lone", "pls report afk lone" e.t.c. However if i gank i get risk of dying as well as i lose many camps which i could farm at this time.

III) I didn't ever played lone on lane so i don;t know how easy/difficult it is. Can u give me any suggestions? i last hit with lone and spam with bear?

IV) Is it safe to solo rosh after rad? Do i have to buy smoke or something? Does it worth it?

V) Lone's boot choise? Tranquill/PT/BoT?

VI) Do i have to compete in teamfights(offensive/defensive)? I usually don't and break 1-2 towers instead.

(P.S. I don't know about "AdmiralBulldog" in comp. but in his profile history i can't find him playing lone many times)

Nugo

Nugo

Vanguard

• 46 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

1. Phase boots are really a great choice for bear. Remember that move speed is really helpful for getting around, as you can be about 500 range away while still being able to attack with bear.

2. I have been reading a lot recently and I think that a lot of the not hard carry bears have been going either Armlet or Maelstrom instead of radiance This will also allow you to get some much needed stats and damage onto your bear so you can have a more late game presence.
As a side note, you can basically keep armlet toggled all the time on bear :)

3. Its not too bad actually. Lone Druid is a really tough champion to master because he is very micro intensive. I cannot tell you how to play him perfectly, a lot of it is learned from watching high tier players play him and playing him a lot. Bear has a lot of different options for builds and is a flexible hero, there really is no "set" way of playing him.

4. I would not suggest it. You are not Ursa. Just start split pushing and keep farming.

5. Tranquil's for the early game will allow you to negate a lot of harass and give you some well needed healing. I think late game if you do get really fat, BoT can prove to be a really useful item for split pushing and also being able to be all over the map having an impact. Tranquils though are the best choice overall though most of the time

6. Yes! Your bear will wreck people late game and provide a huge quantity of damage. Your goal is to just stay alive and make sure you press your buffs on the main bear and don't die. While you are good at doing damage you absolutely should be in team fights.

(P.S. I don't know about "AdmiralBulldog" in comp. but in his profile history i can't find him playing lone many times)

Send me a P.M if his stream was not helpful and I will give you some lists of his more impressive games. If you have any other questions feel free to make another post, but I hope this helped you out!

Cyanistic

Cyanistic

Bloodstone

• 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'm pretty interested in Sylla and wanna get into him. I've already got the gbasics of him down and can outright slaughter bots with him. However that's not saying much as they're still bots and don't know how to deal with Sylla in the first place. (Regardless of the difficulty level.)

If you could send me some lists of Bulldog's games, that'd be much appreciated.
Posted Image
I'm that person you're either gonna love or straight up hate.

Nugo

Nugo

Vanguard

• 46 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HKQaMRFtPA -- This is a really close game between No Tidehunter and Team Liquid

This is not Admiral Bulldog but this is a great example of high micro bear play from the offlaner from VP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Si6t8J2kQI

Admiral Bulldog also plays Syllabear all the time on his stream which can be found here.

Cyanistic

Cyanistic

Bloodstone

• 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

While I agree they are good lone druid players, I was hoping more along the lines of a match ID so that I may actually search it up int dota allowing me to watch it first hand. I'll probably check out his stream at some point but thanks a bunch.
Posted Image
I'm that person you're either gonna love or straight up hate.

Trimmbor

Trimmbor

Linken's Sphere

• 431 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm absolutely fine with lone druid jungle, really. I get my radiance up in 16 minutes or occasionally earlier if someone ganks me unsuccessfully.
Lone druid is great considering the fact that he's a lot more flexible regarding lanes and items as you'd think. If you want, you can focus on the hero instead of the bear, after all, sylla has better damage and stats, he's just lacking the built-in bash and high movement speed.

But, radiance wins games nonetheless. :lol:
=========================
Steam Dotabuff Decrepify
=========================

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Stout Shield

• 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

Majcon, if you want, i could help you learn to build and play your lone druid, i am a pretty good lone druid with him, i have a 100% win rate in team games, (only 5 though) and i play quite a bit in pubs with him. Just add me and i will

Active Users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users