Photo

Are you able to play with all the heroes?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you able to play with all the heroes?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you have a rating with every single hero?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Stobbie149

Stobbie149

Stout Shield

• 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ahoy

So, wouldn't the general state of play be improved if every single person played at least 5 games with every single hero?

I've been trying to get a rating with them all and it has been very informative; as it turns out I suck balls at carrying, am OK as an initiator and am marginally less terribad as a support.

Its been frustrating but I can now say that knowing what all the various spells is one thing but actually experiencing them is totally another and overall my play has gotten better.

Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there.

Karl Sales

Karl Sales

Bloodstone

• 105 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Rather playing ALL heroes it will be confusing DUDE!
I mean if you play a certain role for the hero you need to master the hero first before you will able to play another hero.
And this process will repeat over and over and over again! Man Im getting serous of it why play all hero if you don't know how to play that hero you'll be called retard DUH!!!!
Play certain role before you proceed to the next level
Posted Image
Posted Image

meCJo

meCJo

Badass-ish

• 1924 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Well, a player can play all heroes, but the question would be; How good does he play each hero? He can for example play a very strong Pudge, but sucks balls with Queen of Pain.

KaRmALeXuS49

KaRmALeXuS49

Vanguard

• 40 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

I mean if you play a certain role for the hero you need to master the hero first before you will able to play another hero.

That. Although you don't have to MASTER it well, you just have to know HOW to play it well without feeding/dying too much. And seriously, 5 matches is NOT enough for heroes like :Chen: :Enchantress: , a certain Geomancer for which I can't find the image for, and pretty much other heroes that needs good micromanagement.
Out from topic: Hey Karl, how'd you get that 'Anti-Mage User' sig? Or is it custom made? :P

Karl Sales

Karl Sales

Bloodstone

• 105 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Out from topic: Hey Karl, how'd you get that 'Anti-Mage User' sig? Or is it custom made? :P

I Dunno randomly pick it up? you may copy it... seriously.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Qirin

Qirin

Linken's Sphere

• 404 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

So, wouldn't the general state of play be improved if every single person played at least 5 games with every single hero?

What would playing 5 games with Bloodseeker do for me, aside from giving me 5 extra losses?

Its been frustrating but I can now say that knowing what all the various spells is one thing but actually experiencing them is totally another and overall my play has gotten better.

Turns out that if I'm not playing support, the average courier upgrade time for my team is around the 15 minute mark. Even that number's not very accurate because there are plenty of times where I'm playing a mid hero (like Lanaya) and just buy a flying courier out of frustration at around 13 minutes.

Posted Image

CaptinYumYums

CaptinYumYums

Linken's Sphere

• 468 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

w/e i pick what my team needs which is most cases support or offlane, so yes i can use most heros to some extent though others i haven't given them a chance

Freezing Flame

Freezing Flame

King of all Greevils

• 2182 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

I mostly random every game. I can play almost all heroes. (Meepo and Anti-Mage are excluded from this list :() But In my opinion, randoming is the best way to learn all the heroes and at least see where you are, skill wise, with that hero. I don't agree with insta-picking a hero you naturally play all the time. What if you only know how to play a carry, but your team already has 2 hard carries. Same way with supports, can't have so many supports or might as well be Team Squishy.

Randoming / Scroll to a random hero (If you really want to try to learn the hero without the advantage in gold) is the best way to learn all the heroes. It's trial and error, mess up with a hero you randomed, try to get better or avoid that hero!

FierySnake

FierySnake

Shiva's Guard

• 236 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Have fun noob

http://www.dota2.it/userbars/

flooID

flooID

Bloodstone

• 76 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

It would be smart to at least become familiar with all heroes whether it be playing them or sorta "reading up" on them. Just so you know ins and outs, but obviously it's smarter to get into a role you like playing and working on that since there are many heroes that fill the roles anyway.

But that's just a noob's two cents

"The fun ends here" - Anti-Mage aka IceFrog

RowanPaladin

RowanPaladin

Black King Bar

• 335 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Of course you will need to know what every hero is capable of. This is a team game, as such, you will need to know what your team has to work with, teamfight, stuns, casting animations, it all matters and if you play every hero at least a few times you will get familiar with them, allowing for better team synergy. Not understanding heroes meaning not know the roles each one is meant to fit. Saying you know how to play a role like support is fine, but if you don't understand how every other role works(how carries find farm, how to give space for your initiator to jump in) then you can't work well as a team.
Posted Image

moonshadow

moonshadow

potassium

• 984 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Master: knowing the best skill build and item choices
Play: heroes i will try to get better at :Enchantress: :Chen:
DOT DOT DOT...

Mr Champloo

Mr Champloo

Linken's Sphere

• 391 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Of course you will need to know what every hero is capable of. This is a team game, as such, you will need to know what your team has to work with, teamfight, stuns, casting animations, it all matters and if you play every hero at least a few times you will get familiar with them, allowing for better team synergy. Not understanding heroes meaning not know the roles each one is meant to fit. Saying you know how to play a role like support is fine, but if you don't understand how every other role works(how carries find farm, how to give space for your initiator to jump in) then you can't work well as a team.

I am an amazing clockwerk amazing. My last few games ive had a 9/1 K/D But making that point of making room is key. Ill be the last guy in the line marching and i wonder why no one just moves to the side to let me get to the front/hook its ANNOYING. Let the initiaters do there job otherwise you make them worthless.

Heres how i look at it. When your new no matter who you play your gunna be given grief so why not try all the heros in the mean time? It's a smart idea. Learn heros and the basic concept of the game. RANDOM!

Use websites to give you build paths though.

Eza0o07

Eza0o07

Shiva's Guard

• 219 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

Ive been randoming a lot lately. Carries are my best with tide support second I think. Have had some pretty hopeless team though. Still, i think carries are my best. Tried Devourer for the first time and OWNED with him. I never know he was so good :P
Questions? Comments? PM me.

Bosko_Pils

Bosko_Pils

Vanguard

• 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

I am a bad jungler :(

Ok my ench is solid.
Posted Image

You only miss the water when the well runs dry.

Karl Sales

Karl Sales

Bloodstone

• 105 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

If any newbie will play the must start at the tutorial in quest thats to easy
Posted Image
Posted Image

b3yondgodlike

b3yondgodlike

Vanguard

• 64 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I can play with almost every hero, but i cant play with meepo, chen also i suck with invoker too, but never played that much with him, but there are other heroes i like to play: clockwerk, centaur, windrunner, naix, furion and much more.

Empanah

Empanah

Vanguard

• 58 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

i dont think you should play every hero, get good playing different heroes that have the same role and commit to your role.

meCJo

meCJo

Badass-ish

• 1924 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

i dont think you should play every hero, get good playing different heroes that have the same role and commit to your role.

Prob. is that a new player must play at least all heroes once, so he knows what the hero does. But not only this, what happens if a player mostly plays supports, but his favorite is a hard carry?

The player should play what he wants to play now, but only if he knows he can play that hero, without screwing his teams line-up (for example he's last pick and the team requires a support, but picks a second hard carry).

Difficult to say, he could start to play the easiest heroes, read some guides and tries things out (Bot games, of course) and if he feels confident enough to play it in a real match, he should play it. Especially without experience against real players he won't learn that much.

Tudge

Tudge

Black King Bar

• 308 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Only hero I dont know how to play (or play good) is doom bringer.

Active Users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users