Diffusal,Mjollnir,MoM Juggernaut build?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Stout Shield

• 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I thought of this build yestreday night and could never pull it out of my mind.
I think its a more prototype build,rather than the battlefury,scepter build.
What is so good about this build?
It all comes down to his ulti Omnislash.
Omnislash deal 175-200 dmg per slash,BETWEEN this slashes you do normal attacks.How many of this normal attacks pretty much depends on your attack speed.You can trigger specific items when you do your normal attacks in Omnislash such as Skadi,Desolator.But noone didn't thought about Diffusal blades mana removal and Mjollnir lightning strikes.
-The Diffusal blade lets you steal mana from your enemy,you have the ability to Purge your enemy which means removing a buffs and reduce his movement speed.This is very amazing when you ulti someone,purge him and then Blade Fury him to get as much dmg as possible.
-The Mjollnir gives you amazing attack speed, and the most important lighting strikes while you Omnislash,also gives you amazing push capability.

Ignore MoM.

So what do you guys think about this build?

Yoh

Yoh

Linken's Sphere

• 394 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

1.this is the victim of dotacinema mythbusters.

2.and diffusal burns mana not steal mana.

3.for melee , bf give you more awesome pushing power than mjolnir

4.good luck stacking MoM with difussal

5. hope your fully concentrated omnislash wont be ghost sceptered or blinked away.

Posted Image

Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions

Watch your actions, they become habit.

Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.”

Zarlockk

Zarlockk

Aegis of the Immortal

• 950 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

5. hope your fully concentrated omnislash wont be ghost sceptered or blinked away.

+1 well said

Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Stout Shield

• 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

swap the MoM with Manta then.
Purge disables ghost scepter.
English is not my first language :/

Chile Pepper

Chile Pepper

Shiva's Guard

• 227 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

swap the MoM with Manta then.
Purge disables ghost scepter.
English is not my first language :/

But your Omni will go to waste the second your opponent goes to Ghost form.

Try Vlad's for Lifesteal and +dmg
BF is more viable because of the dmg,regen, and cleave. Better for pushing (just as Magnus said)

Also with your build he will be more squishy.

There are several builds here why not check it out?
http://www.dotacinem...r-construction/

Posted Image

"The Carry cannot Carry if the Support doesn't Support"
make sense?

hazalad

hazalad

Blackguard

• 1143 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

I don`t know how superfarmed I must be to go Mjolnir. It gives very good attack speed and the lightning procs, granted that, but It also give zero survivability. If you want to push and push hard, you need damage and survivability aswel. It is never good idea to put all your eggs into one basket, or to count exclusively on your ultimate for delivering damage to enemies - it is too easy to be countered by blink/ghost scepter/invis/other units around.

Battlefury is excellent for pushing cause of the high damage and the cleave. So is Manta, as it gives you all you need - some Int for Healing wards (keep your creeps alive while pushing towers; Blade Fury spins(clear enemy creeps whule pushing), Agi for damage/attack speed/armor and Str for HP (more survivability + even more heal from the Ward, as it is % based of your total HP). I would even rather make Skadi than Mjolnir, since it gives all of the above + very nice slow to chase enemies down.

sekasi

sekasi

Bloodstone

• 105 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

People telling you to buy Battlefury with Jugger should be treated as trolls. Battlefury is incredibly situational on Juggernaut. He is not a hard carry and cannot compete with the likes of Void, LS, AM late game. He is a semi carry that's super powerful early to mid game. MoM is not ideal either.

As a result, you want items that will make him come online faster. Battlefury is primarily a long-term item.

Desolator works incredibly well with Jugger, since it applies the debug during omnislash.
Butterfly is another great pickup, so is Monkey King Bar and Manta Style
MoC is a great early pick up that can solidify a spin/omnislash kill.

Aghanim is tremendously undervalued, and adds the most DPS per gold to juggernaut (multiple articles explaining this). The main problem is if the enemy team has measures of stopping it (invis heroes, blink heroes.. and such) it can be a less ideal pickup.
If you need lifesteal, think Vlads.
If you want an orb, think Skadi.

Maelstrom/Mjolnir is okay, but synergizes strangely with his passive.

Incredibly situational items include: Battlefury, Midas, BKB, MoM, HoTD
Words of the month; soliloquize & ubiquitous

Backpack @ http://tf2b.com/dota/sekasi
Add me @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/sekasi

hazalad

hazalad

Blackguard

• 1143 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

We were talking about pushing jugg build, genius:) Battlefury works fine on him, no one ever talked about hard carrying or standing toe to toe with the real hard carries. It is obvious that juggs power is in the early and mid game, and he is best utilized in team with pushing set-up.

Before trying to insult others accusing them of being trolls, better learn to read first. Might help you in the future:)

Apoca!ypse

Apoca!ypse

God(Officially)

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

God, please, not midas. The only hero on whom midas is OK is furion (and zet in DotA1)
It is the most overrated item after vanguard

DO NOT CLICK HERE!!

I hope the world ends.

moonshadow

moonshadow

potassium

• 982 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

God, please, not midas. The only hero on whom midas is OK is furion (and zet in DotA1)
It is the most overrated item after vanguard

i don't agree on your midas on furion only thing, technically anyone can get midas
DOT DOT DOT...

Zarlockk

Zarlockk

Aegis of the Immortal

• 950 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

People telling you to buy Battlefury with Jugger should be treated as trolls. Battlefury is incredibly situational on Juggernaut. He is not a hard carry and cannot compete with the likes of Void, LS, AM late game. He is a semi carry that's super powerful early to mid game. MoM is not ideal either.

As a result, you want items that will make him come online faster. Battlefury is primarily a long-term item.

Desolator works incredibly well with Jugger, since it applies the debug during omnislash.
Butterfly is another great pickup, so is Monkey King Bar and Manta Style
MoC is a great early pick up that can solidify a spin/omnislash kill.

Aghanim is tremendously undervalued, and adds the most DPS per gold to juggernaut (multiple articles explaining this). The main problem is if the enemy team has measures of stopping it (invis heroes, blink heroes.. and such) it can be a less ideal pickup.
If you need lifesteal, think Vlads.
If you want an orb, think Skadi.

Maelstrom/Mjolnir is okay, but synergizes strangely with his passive.

I totally disagree with you here. Juggernaut is not extremely strong carry but can still do tons of damage especially if use ultimate in right time. He gets easy kills in the begging of the game in most cases therefor having advantage over other carry in early game gold. Itembuild should be like :Phase Boots followed by Battlefury (damage,cleave,regen). After this i usually go Desolator to kill supports and squishy heroes in 2-3 hits as well as boost my ultimate's potential.Usually after the point you should go either BKB or Butterfly. Situational items would be MKB, Vlads(better support to pick it up) Manta and Satanic. Maybe in some cases EoS might be reasonable pick up.

Apoca!ypse

Apoca!ypse

God(Officially)

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

i don't agree on your midas on furion only thing, technically anyone can get midas

Yes they can, but it doesn't pay off unless you use it properly everytime it is off cd. And any other hero has a good core item which helps them better if they want to jungle.

DO NOT CLICK HERE!!

I hope the world ends.

moonshadow

moonshadow

potassium

• 982 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Yes they can, but it doesn't pay off unless you use it properly everytime it is off cd. And any other hero has a good core item which helps them better if they want to jungle.

have a look at this video on the midas
DOT DOT DOT...

Apoca!ypse

Apoca!ypse

God(Officially)

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

have a look at this video on the midas http://youtu.be/KC2o9Z1XigQ

That video neither supports the fact that midas is a good item on juggernaut or that it is a useful item except in a few scenarios

DO NOT CLICK HERE!!

I hope the world ends.

Yan

Yan

Heart of Tarrasque

• 662 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

But you said that Midas is OK only on Furion. And I completely disagree with it too.

Steccky

Steccky

Lucas Scott

• 2094 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

A lot of old school player, even me, were once going for a MoM on Juggy.Just before the Omnislash you activate MoM and you get more slashes. :lol:

Steccky

sekasi

sekasi

Bloodstone

• 105 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Saying that midas is only okay on Furion is saying that half of the competitive scene is dumb and you're better.

Naix is totally valid for midas, so is syllabear. Obviously all comes down to team composition and if the game is going to be long enough, but look at most pro games and you'll see midas pick ups on Naix, void and Sylla in a lot of cases.

But I digress..

I totally disagree with you here. Juggernaut is not extremely strong carry but can still do tons of damage especially if use ultimate in right time. He gets easy kills in the begging of the game in most cases therefor having advantage over other carry in early game gold. Itembuild should be like :Phase Boots followed by Battlefury (damage,cleave,regen).

Let me recap.

You say you disagree with me and then proceeds to say what I said (he's not a hard carry, and he's most powerful early to mid game).. Then you proceed to say you should build him with a late-game item first (Battlefury.. it's an investment. For the future. It's a farming tool..)

So double contradiction then. Fabulous.

TL;DR, you want jugger to be better faster stronger EARLY, not invest in a farming tool like Battlefury and make his true potential delayed.
Words of the month; soliloquize & ubiquitous

Backpack @ http://tf2b.com/dota/sekasi
Add me @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/sekasi

Apoca!ypse

Apoca!ypse

God(Officially)

• 1240 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

But you said that Midas is OK only on Furion. And I completely disagree with it too.

I meant that midas can be considered as core only on furion, and situational only on a few other heroes, excluding juggernaut.

DO NOT CLICK HERE!!

I hope the world ends.

Zarlockk

Zarlockk

Aegis of the Immortal

• 950 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Saying that midas is only okay on Furion is saying that half of the competitive scene is dumb and you're better.

Naix is totally valid for midas, so is syllabear. Obviously all comes down to team composition and if the game is going to be long enough, but look at most pro games and you'll see midas pick ups on Naix, void and Sylla in a lot of cases.

But I digress..

Let me recap.

You say you disagree with me and then proceeds to say what I said (he's not a hard carry, and he's most powerful early to mid game).. Then you proceed to say you should build him with a late-game item first (Battlefury.. it's an investment. For the future. It's a farming tool..)

So double contradiction then. Fabulous.

TL;DR, you want jugger to be better faster stronger EARLY, not invest in a farming tool like Battlefury and make his true potential delayed.

I disagreed with you saying that Juggernaut is semi-carry and Bfury being situational.

Apoca!ypse

Apoca!ypse

God(Officially)

• 1240 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

But I digress..

I never said it is not valid for hard carries, but it is highly situational for them and is never supposed to be made for any non-hard carry.

Also, please stop thinking that whatever build pros go is the perfect build.

DO NOT CLICK HERE!!

I hope the world ends.

Active Users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users