Photo

Looking for Opinions on who to skin next.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should get the next skin?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What hero should Tidal Craftsman reskin next? You decide!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Tidal Craftsman

Tidal Craftsman

Stout Shield

• 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Hey guys,

I am a 3d artist who has a handful of well received skins up on the workshop. (for those who have not seen my work visit here: http://steamcommunit...iles/?appid=570 )

Anyway as the title says I am looking to skin a new hero! (excited face) this time however having found this handy forum I am going to see who the community thinks deserves a skin the most, so please voice your opinion.Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,

-Tidal

influenza

influenza

Stout Shield

• 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I chose Storm spirit. :) because he is fat.

Hipster Invoker

Hipster Invoker

Bloodstone

• 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Ghillie Suit Sniper?

Also, Invoker plz

Edited by Hipster Invoker, 23 November 2012 - 04:14 AM.

Posted Image

#tenults

Red Panda

Red Panda

Linken's Sphere

• 472 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

i think alchemist
but if you really are a 3d artist I will PAY YOU to make some ideas of mine later on... i can sketch them and all but still

LionSoul

LionSoul

Linken's Sphere

• 375 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

Well I'd suggest :
Battlefury as weapon for Phantom Assassin (Single Weapon)
BKB as staff for Pugna (Single Weapon)
Shadow demon skin (dark purple aura => hell fire green aura)
Kunka Black Beard set (Black Coat with Red collars, Pirate hat , Pirate sword, silver hook, Pirate boots)
Assassin creed skin for TA

RowanPaladin

RowanPaladin

Black King Bar

• 335 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

I'd say TA. The recent workshop items I have seen for her aren't that impressive. To me, she has more of a Dark feel to her and the new pink(ish) theme doesn't look good. An overall darker feel to the outfit would be welcome. Same applies to PA, skin-tight green leotard does not spell "Assassin" for me.
Posted Image

Pronto

Pronto

✧ Mid and Feeding ✧

• 1249 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Dude, I love your work! Especially that pudge set you made. Freaking awesome!

I would love to see some sort of all black ninja suit like outfit for TA tbh. I don't like TA's cosmetic appearance atm, as I don't think it fits her 'style'. I tried searching 'Black Female Ninja outfits' on google images, but they all were not what I was after. I think the biggest hurdle is going to make the items fit into the game seamlessly. All to often, i see people go OTT with their design and it ruins the look of the character; subsequently making them look out of place.

Keep us posted Tidal!

**edit**

I'd say TA. The recent workshop items I have seen for her aren't that impressive. To me, she has more of a Dark feel to her and the new pink(ish) theme doesn't look good. An overall darker feel to the outfit would be welcome. Same applies to PA, skin-tight green leotard does not spell "Assassin" for me.

This must have been posted when i was replying, but +1 to this too. :)

Appointed advisor of Awesometitsville... or is it just an illusion?

Sometimes you need to come to the realisation that some things are not meant to be. Don't overthink what has transpired in the past and simply take it in your stride.

Red Panda

Red Panda

Linken's Sphere

• 472 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

id seen some decent ta sets and battle furry is an item that totally suits Juggernaut way more then pa... her is a dual edge and how she wields and swings her weapon wouldnt fit an axe, but it would fit jugg way better how he crits swings and his first spell still suits it...

RowanPaladin

RowanPaladin

Black King Bar

• 335 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

id seen some decent ta sets and battle furry is an item that totally suits Juggernaut way more then pa... her is a dual edge and how she wields and swings her weapon wouldnt fit an axe, but it would fit jugg way better how he crits swings and his first spell still suits it...

Me thinks you meant PA on that one. TA is the flashy goddess of -armor and OMGWTF slow Traps. :P Agree with the idea that BF doesn't work on PA, would rather see something similar to Demon Claive for Sven. Anyone remember the Circular blade Mordred had back in D1? Now that was a weapon.
Posted Image

brentskieee

brentskieee

Green Guy

• 4534 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Can I suggest someone? I want something for Beastmaster :)

* Unquestionable Commanding General of Anti-Awesometitsville *

signature_1_by_flyingbandicoot-d67s7km_z

Leadership | Friendship | Service

Steam | SteamRep | Reputation Thread | Dota2Traders | Facebook | Twitter

Thanks to FlyingBandicoot for my amazing signature.

FOR DONATIONS TO BRENTSKIEEE

via Paypal | via Steam(Items)

Ppz

Ppz

Aegis of the Immortal

• 1126 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Despite he's not in the poll, I demand Meepo! Me and my girlfriend really miss the little pigs family: he was used to be our fav hero, but now that he's a bounch of rats we almost hate him.
Seriously, my gf every week asks me to make something to change back Meepo's appearance :o

Great works in your steam profile ;)

Nayiyate

Nayiyate

Linken's Sphere

• 443 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

OMG ! you are the one who made those pudge's cosmetic items ! *-* I have respect for youu, when will they be on the storeee?? cuz i really want them ._.

Despite he's not in the poll, I demand Meepo! Me and my girlfriend really miss the little pigs family: he was used to be our fav hero, but now that he's a bounch of rats we almost hate him.
Seriously, my gf every week asks me to make something to change back Meepo's appearance :o

Great works in your steam profile ;)

and yeah, is there anyway to transform those meepo back to those purple pigs :D ? Some of the dota 2 heroes are so ugly compared to dota 1, like slark lolz

A New Trader! Check out my trading thread

Backpack: http://tf2b.com/dota/joeykhor

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/joeykhor

Check out my guide for Templar Assassin (under construction, half finished)

Posted ImagePosted Image

kirenenko

kirenenko

Stout Shield

• 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

You, sir, are AWESOME!

I voted Lion, he deserves some love. You if anyone can make him look cool :Lion:

Apoca!ypse

Apoca!ypse

God(Officially)

• 1240 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Voted for dark seer, wanna see a set for him

DO NOT CLICK HERE!!

I hope the world ends.

tsetsesTest

tsetsesTest

Wasn't NRVQSR

• 1467 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

I voted Dark Seer, but I really think him, Alchemist and Lion could use some cosmetic love.

Illuminati Supervisor of Awesometitsville

nrvqsrFinal_zpsa51f6b2d.png

Why not take a moment or two to check out the Hero/Item Creation Station section? - http://www.dotacinem...eation-station/

Kudos to Chalice for the great signature!

---

76561198024343258.png

Makarov

Makarov

Black King Bar

• 262 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I vote for Dark Seer since he have no skins and he is one of my favorite items.

★Grimsley★

★Grimsley★

Shiva's Guard

• 200 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Silencer ! the int-stealing carry needs more love from the DoTA community haha

Posted Image

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

Dr.Seuss

Steam ID: Grimsley

( http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimsley )

Udyret

Udyret

The Pride of Norway

• 2159 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Alchemist needs love. Badly. That ogre needs to be turned into a yeti.

Unquestionable king of Awesometitsville

8389648578_56617d90ca.jpg

Sig by Pronto

Check out my website for sweet game reviews!

Twitter Site

Twitch

Shewman

Shewman

Bloodstone

• 130 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

some great items for Templar assassin please :D
Ahahahahahaha nyx nyx nyx ahaha nyx

Tidal Craftsman

Tidal Craftsman

Stout Shield

• 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi Guys,

Tons of opinions so far I love it, So far Storm Spirit is in the lead? Actually surprises me haha.

Anyway time to answer some questions.

@Hipster Invoker, I hate sniper however I really like invoker so its only a matter of time before I get to him, however the next skin shall respect the results of this poll of course.

@Maleficent Anything of that nature you should probably be telling me through a PM

@Brentskiee of course you can always suggest things :P

@Ppz, I actually do have a few ideas in my head for meepo but whenever you make him look like the Warcraft style Cobald you always risk the fact that you are moving towards the design that valve was trying to imitate but not copy, regardless thanks a ton for the suggestion its something that beckons deeper looking into.

@NTR.JoKo, Hi nice to meet you! Valve is a pretty sneaky ninja when it comes to adding items I would hope by Christmas they at least have my shadow shaman set in, but I am not sure when they plan on adding Pudge items. And thank you for the nice comment.

@Grimsley, Yeah he is another one that I do have an idea for in my head. :P

Thanks for all the comments guys and thank you for supporting me.

-TC

Active Users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users